Tuesday, October 13, 2009

ESL parent and student checklist

ESL/Beginning Literacy 1Develop basic language skills needed in classroom and in day-to-day adult situations. Focus on listening and minimal speaking tasks necessary to satisfy routine classroom and social demands and limited work requirements. Introduction to reading and writing skills. For beginning literacy in English.AlphabetNumbersVocabulary words


ESL/Beginning Low 2Develop greater skills in listening and speaking for basic communication in the classroom, outside the classroom and at work. Expand reading and writing skills, introduction of basic grammar. Must have completed Beginning Literacy or equivalent. ListeningSpeakingReading
Writing simple forms, sentences Grammar:o Commands (Give the book to him.)o Pronouns (he, she, they, I my, his, her)o Simple present tense (I go to school.)o Present continuous ( I am studying English)o Simple Past ( I went to school.)o Future (I am going to buy a car.)o Can/can?t (I can speak English.)

No comments:

Post a Comment